HOW TO PUT A SUMMER WARDROBE TOGETHER.
Ah, Summertime! I love that time of the year. Warm weather, the beach, the sun and the ability to wear different clothes would be impossible in cold weather.It’s also time for us to put our summer wardrobe together.
If you look through your wardrobe and are lost at sea at what to wear this summert, I have the right tips for you to put together the perfect summer wardrobe and look fabulous this season.
With no further ado, let us dive in.
What do you need to do to create a summer wardrobe?
- Understand the weather
- Know your style.
- Understand your lifestyle.
- Consider your body shape.
- Take your budget into account.
- Find out suitable fabrics for summertime.
- Know the summer essentials you need.
Understand the weather.
The weather is the first thing you need to consider before spending money on any clothing item.
I say this because the temperature in different summer locations varies from mildly warm to hot and humid.
The summer clothes a person would need to wear in a warm place like London would be completely different from a person who lives in New York where temperatures can be as high as 40 degrees.
For example, a person living where summer temperatures are mildly warm with low humidity levels can wear a pair of jeans.
However, the latter who lives in a hot and humid environment will fare better wearing a pair of shorts.
Know your style.
The second thing you need to consider is your style. It is another crucial element you need to consider when putting together a summer wardrobe.
In other words, you need to ask these questions:
- Do you like bold colours, patterns and silhouettes or prefer neutral colours with classic lines?
- Do you like flowy silhouettes and are inspired by Western and prairie styles?
- Are you drawn to styles worn by 40s, 50s and 60s movie stars like Sophia Loren, Elizabeth Taylor and Dita von Teese?
- Are you a fan of chunky jewellery?
- Do you prefer simple but statement jewellery?
- Do you like to look Glam, Laidback, Chic or Boho?
You need to be able to answer all these questions and more before you go shopping. That way, you can build a summer wardrobe that consists of clothes you love wearing at all times.
Know your lifestyle.
Thirdly, take a look at your lifestyle before putting together your summer wardrobe.
Ask yourself these questions?
- What kind of activities do you like?
- What places do I visit?
- Do I have an active social life?
After all, there is no point in spending money on that sexy swimsuit you see n the mall when you don’t go out in the pool or go to the beach. It doesn’t make sense for you to buy that blazer dress when you don’t go clubbing.
Do you get the idea? Consider that so that you won’t waste money buying inappropriate clothes.
Know your physique.
There is nothing as atrocious as wearing summer outfits that don’t complement your body shape.Here are some questions you need to ask when you are creating your summer wardrobe.
Are you a pear, rectangular, inverted triangle, apple or hourglass-shaped? After answering these questions, identify what type of clothes complement your figure.
There is no point wearing a crop top when you have a large belly or a tank top with flabby arms.
Here is a quick tip for choosing summer clothes that complement your body shape:
- Pear shape.
Women with this body shape have heavy hips, thighs and narrow shoulders.
The best clothes for pear-shaped women ladies are:
- Dark-coloured flowing trousers, skirts and shorts.
- Bright-coloured tops with details on the chest and shoulder area.
- Strapless maxi dress.
- Mid to high-rise shorts sewn with soft fabrics.
- For swimwear, pear-shaped ladies should wear strapless or bandeau-style bikini tops. They can also wear bikini tops with ruffles to add volume to the bust area.
- When choosing bikini bottoms, high-waisted bottoms or sarongs compliment pear-shaped ladies.
- Apple Shape.
This shape has a thick torso. Ladies with this figure should wear clothes that elongate the body. Clothes that flatter ladies with apple-shaped figures should wear:
- High-waisted shorts.
- Maxi dresses cut under the bust.
- Choose swimwear with a Deep V-neckline to accentuate the bust and lengthen the body.
- Wear high-waisted bikini bottoms with control/side panels to cinch the waist and stomach.
- Rectangle Shape.
Ladies with the body shape are straight from top to bottom without a defined waist.
The best summer clothes that fit rectangle-shaped ladies are:
- Bermuda shorts,
- Flowy trousers and skirts.
- Mini skirts and dresses.
- For swimwear, one-piece swimsuits, tank tops, halter neck tops and tie-side bikini bottoms flatter women with this shape.
- The inverted triangle
Ladies with this body shape have broad shoulders, a defined waist and narrow hips.
The best summer outfits that flatter the inverted triangle are;
- Tops with deep v- neck, tank tops
- Tank tops
- Flared dresses
- Mini flared skirts.
- Bright coloured shorts
- Flared trousers.
- Boyfriend shorts
- Mid-rise shorts.
- For swimwear, women with the inverted triangle should choose the ones that make their shoulders look narrower and create volume in the bottom.
Choose bikinis tied at the sides and swim shorts with ruffled skirts to make the hips look wider.
- The Hourglass
Hourglass-shaped women have the best of all worlds because they have balanced bodies with a defined waist.
They need to choose summer outfits that show off their feminine shape.
The best summer outfits for hourglass-shaped women are:
- Mid to high-rise shorts.
- Maxi dresses
- Midi wrap dresses.
- Shirt dress with a belt.
- Any style of bikini would be good.
Know your budget.
We know shopping can be difficult if you don’t love it or have limited resources. If you have enough money to buy clothes for a summer wardrobe, follow the tips above.
However, if you are on a budget, follow these tips below for your summer wardrobe.
Know where to shop.
Check out consignment, thrift stores and even flea markets for summer clothes.They are good places you can find good quality and unique pieces for half the price. Look out for sales and discounts in these stores to save money.
Also check out fashion stores like Zara and Boohoo for great summer clothing. However, pay attention to details of the clothes like the seams and zips.
Invest in accessories
Invest money on accessories like belts, jewellery, scarves etc. Use them to brighten up a basic outfit.
Know your summer essentials.
Finally, we have arrived at the crucial part. What are the essentials for your summer wardrobe? It consists of clothes and accessories you can wear over time without buying new clothes every season. Let’s dive in.
- Button-down linen shirt
- Cotton t-shirt
- White cotton dress
- Tank tops
- Flat sandals
- Straw hat
- Flowing maxi dresses
- Flowing trousers
- Blazer dress
- Bright outfits
- Flowing mini dresses
- Linen and chiffon dresses
- Flowing skirts
- Crop tops
There you have it. Feel free to choose any of these essentials and build a summer wardrobe that you can rock for a long time.
Have a fun-filled summer!