5 EFFECTIVE WAYS TO GET RID OF YOUR HIP DIPS.
In this era of huge butts especially made famous by the Kardashians, everyone is obsessed with having a perfectly rounded butt. It has made getting rid of the hip dips a major obsession among women who want to get an hourglass shape.
But what are hip dips?
It is scientifically known as trochanteric depression. They are naturally inward curves at the side of the hips that make your butt look squarer than round.
I’m going to say this, there is nothing wrong with having hip dips. You can have them and still have a curvy body. Just look at Marilyn Monroe. She had hip dips and a beautiful hourglass shape.
Having an hourglass shape is not measured by the shoulder-to-hip dip ratio. It’s about having broad shoulders and hips with a very narrow waist. However, if you wish to reduce your hip dips, follow this guide to get a rounder butt.
What are the 5 effective ways to get rid of your hip dips?
You may need to lose excess body fat, especially in your love handles because the fat on your flanks can make your hip dips look more noticeable.
You can do that by doing HIIT, sprints, or step classes. Also, pay attention to your diet and eliminate foods rich in simple carbohydrates and sugar from your diet. These foods include white bread, pasta, biscuits, and soft drinks.
These foods make you put on weight in your belly, waist, and back. That will make your hip dips look more noticeable.
Stop Comparing Yourself To People On Social Media.
A lot of times, things are not what they seem, especially on social media. Every day, we ladies give up on our bodies because we fail to change ourselves into images of beauty created by Instagram.
We try the latest diet, exercise and still fail to come close to ideal beauty.
Stop comparing yourself to people on social media. I have heard girls say ‘ Oh, I saw this stunning fitness Instagram model, she did this or that workout and now has the perfect body.
I have news for you. Just because a person posts a million pictures or videos of herself working out in the gym does not mean she got that body in the gym.
Many of them have had plastic surgery procedures like liposuction, fat transfer, and Brazilian butt lift. Then they tell lies on social media that they got their physiques from diet and exercise.
They also use Photoshop to remove their hip dips and other parts of themselves they dislike. It can turn the real into the perfectly unreal.
Don’t be deceived into thinking that everyone you see on social media is perfect and you are not. Work with you have. There is always room for improvement.
Change Your Diet.
To get rid of them, you need to gain muscle in the sides of your butt. One way to do this is to eat more calories than you burn off. However, be careful or you will end up with unwanted body fat.
You can achieve that by eating foods high in protein. You should eat 2 grammes of protein per your goal body weight. Also, eat more complex carbs to gain muscle mass without excess body fat.
Examples of foods high in protein include chicken, eggs, fish, prawns, peanut butter, and lean beef.
Foods rich in complex carbs include sweet potatoes, yams, oats, carrots, aubergine, corn, brown rice, and whole grains.
If you want to get rid of your hip dips, you need to do exercises that will build up your gluteus Maximus, medius, and minimus muscles. That means you should focus on workouts that build up your whole buttocks, not just your side booty or hip dip area.
If you focus on just your gluteus medius on the upper part of your butt, you will end up with a strange vacuum in the middle of your booty because of undeveloped gluteus Maximus and medius muscles.
It can make your hip dips and whole buttocks, in general, look worse.
You will also need to do the exercises consistently to fill out the hip dip area and maintain your results.
If you stop, they will shrink back to their previous state. Lift heavy weights to build up the muscles in that area.
So add the following exercises to your fitness routine three times a week to get the best results.
- Fire Hydrants.
- Start on all fours.
- Raise your leg out to the side to the height of your hips.
- Bring it down to the starting position and repeat.
2. Side Lunge.
- Stand upright with a barbell resting on your shoulder.
- Step to the left and lower your body while maintaining the barbell parallel to the ground.
- Stay in the position for a second and return to the starting position.
- Stand upright with a barbell resting on your shoulders and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lower your body into a squat position but make sure your knees don’t go beyond your toes.
- Return to the starting position, keeping your back flat and your head up throughout the exercise.
4. Split Squats.
- Stand upright with a barbell resting on your shoulder.
- From that position, step forward as if you are performing a lunge. Keep your back straight and lower until your knee almost touches the floor.
- Then push pack up.
- Complete repetitions on one leg and switch to the next leg.
5. Curtsey Lunges.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart with a barbell resting on your shoulders or holding two dumbbells in your hands.
- Keep your back straight and your stomach to the spine.
- Step your left foot behind and outside your right foot, lowering your hips until your right thigh is parallel to the floor. Your left knee should be an inch or two above the ground.
- Complete repetitions on one leg and switch to the other leg. Repeat on the other side.
- Lie down on your sides with your legs stacked and knees bent at 90 degrees angle.
- Raise your knee until your feet are in line with your buttocks. Put your left hand on your hip to ensure it doesn’t move forward.
- Pull your stomach to your spine and with your feet together. Raise your left knee without moving your right hip.
- Hold for a second and squeeze your buttocks at the top before returning to the starting position.
- Complete repetitions and repeat on the other leg. Use a resistance band for better results.
So there you have it. Let me end this by saying there is nothing wrong with hip dips. They are normal.
So Good luck on your journey to a rounder and sexier butt.