Chic on a Budget: 10 Style Hacks for Affordable Glamour.
Every time at some point, every woman has looked through a magazine and wished they looked fabulous like the models they see on the pages and wished they had the time and money to look so good.
But I have some good news for you. You don’t need a lot of money to look good. You can look just as fantastic if you are creative. Follow these tips to revamp your look:
- Get rid of the junk in your wardrobe. Stop wearing old and tattered clothes. Go through your wardrobe, get rid of old and tattered clothes, sell the ones in good condition that are too small for you and keep the quality stuff.
- Set a certain amount of money aside for clothing monthly. That way you can save enough money to buy quality things instead of cheap, trashy clothes that don’t last.
- Get a list of clothing items you need. You won’t get tempted to buy clothes you don’t need.
- Explore thrift and consignment stores to get quality clothing at an affordable price. When you go to such stores, be patient. Take your time to look through clothing carefully.
- Consider building a capsule wardrobe. It is a small collection of clothes you can put together to create a variety of outfits. It’s the best way to revamp your wardrobe when on a budget.
I have bought beautiful designer clothes for a fraction of the price at thrift stores. Stores like River Island have great clothing at affordable prices.
- Buy fewer but good quality classic clothes that never go out of style. Buying trendy clothes can be expensive. When they’re not in vogue, you can end up like a museum piece.
- Shop during End-of-season- sales. It is one of the best ways to update your wardrobe on a budget. Retailers clear out their inventory at the end of the season. You can get clothes at a cheaper price.
So it’s cheaper in the long run to buy clothes that are trendy all the time. Also, stick to clothes made with quality fabrics like chiffon, silk, linen and cotton. They may be more expensive initially but they last longer.
So, what is the list of clothes you need?
Choose clothes you can wear in different ways to look chic every time. These items are:
- A black dress
- A dark wash jeans
- A white button-down shirt
- A blazer
- A tunic
- Neutral coloured handbag
- Leopard flats
- Black trousers
- A white t-shirt
- A black pencil skirt
- Make sure you keep your clothes neat at all times. Ensure they are well washed, steamed and ironed to look put together. The dry cleaner and tailor are your best friends. Repair any tears or stains on your clothes.
- Have a manicure and pedicure always. Manicured hands and feet add to the glamorous look and make you look clean.
- Wear red lipstick. Red lipstick always makes you look made up without makeup.
- Invest in quality accessories like scarves, wristwatches, hats and jewellery. They can brighten simple clothes and make you look stylish.
What do you think about these tips? I’ll be excited to know what you think.